Nasa-LED Anti-Acne and Anti-Aging Breakthrough — Celluma LED Light Therapy
The biggest anti-acne and anti-aging breakthrough of recent times?
Celluma LED Light Therapy is a revolutionary, FDA-approved skin care treatment developed by NASA which accelerates skin regeneration and healing, making it perfect for acne sufferers and anti-aging treatments alike.
It is designed to speed up the skin’s own healing process, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and improving the overall texture and appearance of skin, blemishes and acne scars.
Celluma LED Light Therapy
How does it work?
Based on scientific research pioneered by NASA, Celluma triggers a cascade of metabolic processes which restores compromised cellular function, creating a path to revitalized, wrinkle-free and blemish-free skin.
So how on earth did NASA come to be involved??
LED (Light Emitting Diodes) is not new. Red, infra-red and blue lights are already popular in the world of skin care. What is new is how this device delivers the light.
Developed by NASA in response to their concern of the slow healing of astronauts who get injured in space, Celluma is FDA-approved. In scientific terms, “NASA’s LED device stimulates the basic energy processes in the mitochondria (the energy-producing compartments) of each cell, particularly when near-infrared light is used to activate color-sensitive chemicals (chromospheres, cytochrome systems) inside the cell.”
Here is what is remarkable and unique about Celluma LED…
It quadruples the healing rate of the “DNA synthesis in fibroblasts and muscle cells” as reported by NASA, healing injuries to the body and skin at a far quicker rate than normal.
Instead of intentionally creating a wound (i.e. with peels, laser or surgery) in order to cause the body to regenerate itself, “Celluma LED re-energizes the cell in a non-invasive way to create the same regeneration of cells”, according to Dr. Harry Whelan, professor of pediatric neurology and director of hyperbaric medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
He goes on to say, “Cytochromes are the parts of cells that respond to light and color. When cytochromes are activated, their energy levels go up, and that stimulates tissue growth and regeneration.”1
The science behind this revolutionary skin care technology
1. Increases circulation by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process in damaged skin by carrying more oxygen plus nutrients needed for healing, and they also carry away more waste products.
2. Stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is a major component of the connective tissue in the skin that creates strength and flexibility. Over time, the collagen levels in our skin decrease, causing wrinkles to form. External factors such as sun damage and smoking can also accelerate the aging process. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production, less scar tissue is formed in damaged tissue.
3. Diminishes hyper-pigmentation or age spots. The photons of light energy enter areas of hyper-pigmentation and destroy or better disperse the melanin, which is gradually absorbed by the body.
4. Stimulates fibroblastic activity, which aids in the tissue-repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.
5. Stimulates tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
6. Stimulates the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products quicker by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before cells can utilize it. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell. Intense light therapy acts as a “photon supplement” to the cells; it allows cells to bypass the normal digestive and respiratory processes to acquire energy for healing, and it increases the production of life-enhancing enzymes.
7. Increases lymphatic system activity. A large number of lymphatic channels lie directly beneath the skin, and play a significant role in maintaining health and beauty of the complexion. Edema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid, which can be evacuated by the blood system, and the second is comprised of proteins, which have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of intense light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameter also increase. This means that both parts of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate. Lymphatic drainage helps the lymphatic system function more efficiently by facilitating toxin removal and improving skin circulation. The result: healthier, glowing skin and a more beautiful complexion.
8. Stimulates acetylcholine release, which regulates parasympathetic effects such as resting respiration rate, heartbeat, digestive process and vascular tissue dilation.
9. Increases phagocytosis, which is the process of scavenging for and ingesting dead or degenerated cells by phagocyte cells for the purpose of cleanup. This is an important part of the infection-fighting process. Destruction of the infection and cleanup must occur before the healing process can begin.
10. Induces a thermal-like effect in the tissue. Even though there is little heat produced by “cold laser light”, the photons do raise the temperature of the tissue enough to kill or disable temperature-sensitive bacteria and viruses.
11. Increases RNA and DNA synthesis, which helps older or damaged cells to be replaced faster.
Celluma light therapy is based on LED technology and is the application of light energy to the body for aesthetic benefits. It promotes a natural photo biochemical reaction similar to the process of plant photosynthesis. NASA’s Space Program has proven that LED light therapy (near-infrared) promotes wound healing and human tissue growth. The energy delivered by the LEDs has been shown to enhance cellular metabolism, accelerate the repair and replenishment of damaged skin cells, as well as stimulate the production of collagen – the foundation of a healthy and smooth skin.
Research has shown that LED Light Therapy may help to smooth skin texture, improve skin firmness and resilience, increase the lymphatic system activity, restore skin’s natural cellular activity, and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and superficial hyperpigmentation. The treatment is for all skin types and will not abrade any part of your skin, is non-invasive, painless, with absolutely no downtime. Clients can return to their normal activity immediately after the treatment.
Scientifically Proven in Clinical Trials LED light therapy has been scientifically proven by over 300 clinical trials to re-regulate cellular function in the treatment of many common conditions, restoring the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Contrasted to many widely accepted therapies where vital tissue is intentionally damaged to illicit a healing response in the affected area of the body, using LED light to “re-energize” cellular function in a non-invasive manner allows the body to maintain vitality as nature intended.
“LED reacts with cytochromes in the body,” explains Dr. Harry Whelan, professor of pediatric neurology and director of hyperbaric medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. “Cytochromes are the parts of cells that respond to light and color. When cytochromes are activated, their energy levels go up, and that stimulates tissue growth and regeneration.
” Red and Blue Light Benefits include: Increased skin radiance Firms aged and tired skin More consistent skin coloration/complexion Increases moisture retention Increases circulation Promotes Collagen production Increases oxygenation and restoration of cellular activity Increases lymphatic drainage/detoxifies Reduces inflammation in conditions such as acne and rosacea Reduces sebum/controls breakouts Softens fine lines and periorbital wrinkles Evens outs mottled complexion Tightening of enlarged pores Do LED Treatments work on everyone? LED treatments are proven to work on all skin types.
Women who are pregnant, and clients with Epilepsy, should consult their physician before beginning LED light therapy treatments. You must wait five days after Botox or cosmetic fillers. Caution will be taken with medications that are known to cause light sensitivity. Are there any special preparations required before using Celluma?Celluma should be in close proximity with the skin, which should be free of clothing, make-up, or anything else which may deflect the light away from the skin.
How many treatments will I need? This depends largely on the severity of the skin condition that is being treated, and how much improvement is needed. For optimal results, the recommended frequency of red or blue LED light treatments is one 30 minute session two times a week for 4-6 weeks. Maintenance treatments are recommended every 30-60 days.